Click here to view the description for all the other cusp signs.
Characteristics: Libra Cusp
01. Virgo/Libras strive to create balance and harmony between themselves and others. They bring their skills and talents together for the good of others. Despite their inherent modesty, those born on the Virgo/Libra cusp are industrious and efficient when working for a good cause.
02. Objective and just, Virgo/Libras are excellent arbitrators and enjoy lots of friends.
03. Virgo/Libras abhor unfairness and conflict, striving above all for peace, but at times they are easily deterred from their beliefs. They are able to see all sides of an argument, but as their mental scales sway back and forth, they may never find balance and can become fickle and indecisive.
04. They are skilled at seeing all sides of a situation.
05. Virgo/Libras are skilled at initiating group projects. In this way, the cardinal quality of Libra is exemplified.
06. When Virgo/Libras set goals for themselves, they are determined to succeed. This astrological combination tends to be about other people rather than personal development.
07. They are socially inclined and charming, but their focus is about smaller-scale projects and individuals.
08. Because of Virgo’s association with individuals and health, and Libra’s innate interest in others, many Virgo/Libras are drawn toward careers in medicine.
09. Virgo/Librans are happiest when they’re in a relationship. They are seductive and attractive, and their cultural awareness and talkative nature help them shine in the social situations they so enjoy.
10. They tend to explore subjects deeply and are very good at understanding the deeper meaning of what others say. Many Virgo/Libras have an excellent head for business, relying on logic rather than ego or emotion to make their deals. They are reliable, practical, diligent, controlled and rational.
11. Their intellectual orientation to the world around them makes them skilled at communication and abstract reasoning, and their intelligence combines with their interest in others to become an intellectual exploration of the people around them.
12. Because of their responsibility and attention to detail, those born on the Virgo/Libra cusp tend to be perfectionists. They may worry about small details, but this is often necessary when attempting to be as fair and diplomatic as possible.
13. They are team workers, skilled at cooperative action, but they can also be self-doubting.
14. Open-minded and always polite, they have a strong sense of loyalty because of their ability to put themselves into the shoes of others.
15. Virgo/Libras love to debate but not to quarrel; a fine distinction that is nonetheless very important.
16. They are kind and considerate, and they rarely display anger. Instead, they may employ subtle means of getting even when their strong sense of fairness and legality, or their refined sensitivities, are violated.
17. They tend to be somewhat health-conscious, which ensures they take good care of themselves and their loved ones.
18. Virgo/Libras often turn their interest in health into an exercise or fitness program. However, they have a definite lazy streak, preferring to read and go out with friends. Exercise generally appeals to them only if it is effective and allows socializing at the same time. Some have a particular affinity for activities that let them get out in nature.
19. Virgo/Libras are playful, romantic and devoted.
20. The great strength of the Virgo/Libra-born is in their attention to detail and their desire to be of service. They pick up on the little things that most others miss. Their drive for peace and harmony and their ability to obtain balance and cooperation from a disparate group is unparalleled. Their skill at seeing all sides of a situation makes them one of the most just characters of the zodiac.
This is probably the most compatible and easy to blend cusp even though there are some very difficult problems with this earth/air combination. It is less at odds than the earth/air of Taurus/Gemini. This Vir/Lib is mutable and cardinal.
Both are quite mentally oriented, with a not too difficult ability to blend and broaden the intellectual capacity of each emphasis. The problem comes from Libra’s indecisiveness and Virgo’s critical mind. Both are looking for a perfection of absolute truth resulting in a dogma which must be very exact. Of course, this is impossible. This combination can drive itself crazy trying to reconcile all the “ifs, ands & buts” exceptions to be found everywhere they look. Unless they find some way to resolve and live with these inconsistencies, they have an itch they can’t scratch. Creative artistry is a real possibility if you are able to put it all together. A major problem is never being satisfied with whatever genius you come up with because you can always see flaws that others will miss. You are inclined to destroy what you feel is imperfect.
Anything even slightly out of line seems to nag at you to make it straight. These qualities seem to be compounded rather than at odds as is the case with most cusp influences. Nevertheless, especially with help from the rest of the chart, other qualities can be brought to bear which are capable of making this a combination of genius, especially in artistic enterprises but also in projects where precision and compatibility are important to success. The major problem is that you are difficult to satisfy.